Department of Radiation Oncology
At MCGH & RI, we are always refining radiation oncology treatment methods to deliver the highest-quality patient care possible. Our unmatched range of equipment includes the latest strategies to treat tumors aggressively, while reducing or eliminating some of the side effects that accompany radiation treatment.
By using the most current treatment planning technology available to “map” tumors, our radiation oncologists can design treatments with pinpoint accuracy, ensuring that tumors get the most effective dose while healthy tissues and organs are spared.
The Radiation Oncology department at MGCH & RI is equipped with
The radiation oncology team provides several innovative radio therapy modalities, including, but not limited to, the following:
- External Beam Radiotherapy with Photons and Electrons
- 3Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy (3DCRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Volume Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Gating with Airway Breathing Co-ordinator (ABC)
- Image Guided Brachytherapy (IGBT)
- Adaptive Radiotherapy
- PET-based Radiotherapy Planning