Dr. Rahul Tej is an Uro-Oncologist and Robotic Surgeon at Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Visakhapatnam. He has operated over 200+ cases in his career so far. He worked as a Consultant in the Department of Uro-Oncology at SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council).
Area(s) of Interest
- Complex Nephron-Sparing Surgeries (Robotic & open)
- Robotic Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy
- Ileal Neobladder Reconstruction
- Penile Preserving Surgeries
- Complex Nephron-Sparing Surgeries (Robotic & Open) for Small Urinal Lumen.
- Robotic Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy.
- Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer (Open & Robotic).
- Radical Nephrectomy (Open, Lap, Robotic)·
- Post-Chemo Rp Cancer For Advanced Kidney Cancer Testicular Malignancy.
- Radical, TURBt & Channel TURP’s·
- Nephro Urology For Upper Tract Malignancy (Open, Robotic & Lap)
Treatments/ Procedures offered
Uro-Oncology and Robotic Surgery
The number of cases of Urology and Robotics SurgeryPerformed by Dr. Rahul Tej P in the last 6+ years
Education & Training
Name of Institute(s)
- MCh Urology from Mamata Medical College, Khammam
- DNB General Surgery from MES Medical College, Kerala
Fellowship in Uro- oncology at SSCHRC, Bangalore
Fellowship in Robotic surgery at SSCHRC, Bangalore
Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Center (2020-2021)
Professional Achievements & Membership
- Member of the Society of Genitourinary Surgeons AP & Telangana.
- Member of the Urological Society of India.
- Member of Robotic Urology FORUM.
- Member of the American Urology Association.
- Member of the Society of Genitourinary Oncologists
Breakthrough Cases & Testimonials
- Performed complex iball neobladder to 48 Y/M for muscle-invasive bladder cancer & Patient had Good voiding function & urinary control in 2 months & free of disease till now.
- Performed Robotic nephron-sparing surgery for hlor luneo with help of AI & 3D use construction.