Dr. Mrutyunjayarao Muvvala is working as Radiation Oncologist at the Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Visakhapatnam. He has over 7+ years of experience and deal with around 2000 cases in Radiation Oncology so far.
Area(s) of Interest:
Radiation Oncology-Expertise in the diagnosis and management of various cancers such as –
- Head and Neck, Brain, Breast, Lung, Lymphoma, Oesophagus, Pancreatic, Cervical, Stomach Endometrium, Anal canal, Rectum, Bladder, Bone, Pediatric tumors, etc.
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), Rapid-Arc Radiotherapy, Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), IMRT.
- Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapy in Solid Tumors
- Pain and Palliative care
Treatment(s)/ Procedure(s) Performed:
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), Rapid-Arc Radiotherapy, Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS), and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT).
- Chemotherapy and targeted therapy in solid tumors
- Pain and Palliative care
Treatment(s)/ Procedure(s) Offered:
- Radiation Oncology
The Number of cases of Radiation Oncology Performed by Dr. Mrutyunjayarao Muvvala in the last 7+ years Total: 2000+
Education & Training
Name of Institute(s):
- MD Radiation Oncology from JIPMER
- MBBS from Katuri Medical College (Guntur)
- Gold Medal in Orthopaedics – MBBS
- Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Care DOI:10.31557/APJCC.2020.5.4.303, August 2020 – Finding an Alternative for the Surgical Clipsbased Delineation of Tumour Bed Boost Volume for Radiotherapy after Breast Conserving Surgery: A Prospective Comparative Study
- Journal of Current Oncology, December 2021, page-92 – Step-by-Step Stereotactic Planning of Meningioma: A Guide to Radiation Oncologists— the ROSE Case
- Journal of Current Oncology, December 2021, page-132 – Cancer of Right Breast with Single-Liver Metastasis- Simultaneous Treatment of Chest Wall with Radiotherapy for Carcinoma Breast and SBRT for Liver Lesion: Procedural Details of the Complex Procedure
- Journal of Current Oncology, December 2021, page-140 – Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Tongue with Isolated Inguinal Node Metastasis: A Case Report and Literature Review
- Journal of Current Oncology, December 2021, page-68 – Step-by-Step Stereotactic Radiotherapy Planning of Vestibular Schwannoma: A Guide to Radiation Oncologists—the ROSE Case
- Journal of Current Oncology, July 2022, page-8 – Fast-Forward Trial in Breast Cancer: A Prospective Pilot Study Addressing Dosimetric and Practice Feasibility in Indian Scenario
- Journal of Current Oncology, July 2022, page-4 – Dr. Kanhu’s COSID Index: An Acronym for Plan Evaluation in SRS & SBRT
- Journal of Current Oncology, July 2022, page-14 – Step-by-step Stereotactic Radiotherapy Planning of Brain Metastasis in a Surgically Resected Setting: A Guide to Radiation Oncologists
Professional Achievements & Membership:
- Member at AROI(Association of Radiation Oncologists of India)