Dr. Praveena Voonna is a Senior Medical Oncologist at the Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Visakhapatnam. She has over 8+ years of experience in the Consultation of Medical Oncology.
Area(s) of Interest
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Hematological Cancers
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
Treatment(s)/ Procedure(s) offered
- Hematological Cancers
- Bone Marrow Transplatation
- Targeted Therapy
Education & Training
Name of Institute(s)
- DM from SVIMS, Tirupathi
- MD from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- MBBS from Andhra Medical College, Vizag
- Completed Certificate Course in ESSENTIALS OF PALLIATIVE CARE conducted by “THE INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF PALLIATIVE CARE” In August 2013
- Cleared the European Society of Medical Oncology Certification Examination – 2018.
- Completed an Observership in Hematology at Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore.
- Gold Medalist in MBBS (“Dr. Kuppachi Krishnamurthy Memorial Gold Medal in Medicine” for the year 2007-2008 at Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam)
- “Golden Aim Awards” for excellence & leadership in health care in March 2022.
- “Impact of Metronomic Chemotherapy on Quality of Life in Recurrent, Residual and Metastatic Head & Neck Cancers” published in “Journal of Medical science and Clinical Research”. (DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.18535/jmscr/v6i12.11)
- “Estimation of plasma epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation status and its correlation with tumor tissue EGFR mutation status in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients” published in “Indian Journal of Applied Research”. (Volume-8 | Issue-6 | June-2018 | PRINT ISSN No 2249-555X) DOI:10.36106/ijar.
- “Metronomic chemotherapy in recurrent, residual and metastatic Head & Neck Cancers” published in “Indian Journal of Applied Research”. ( Volume-8 | Issue-6 | June-2018 | PRINT ISSN No 2249-555X) DOI:10.36106/ijar.
- “Epidemiological study of cervical cancer in the coastal region of Visakhapatnam” published in “JOURNAL OF CLINICAL AND SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH”. (VOLUME 10,ISSUE 4, OCTOBER-DECEMBER 2021). DOI: 10.4103/JCSR.JCSR_91_20.
Professional Achievements & Membership
- Cleared the ESMO certification exam held in October 2018.
- Member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists in India (AROI)
- Member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Member of the Medical Oncology Forum (MOF)
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Author and Co-Author of publications in multiple national and international journals
- Principle Investigator in multiple clinical trials