Dr. Murali Krishna Voonna is the Managing Director & Chief Surgical Oncologist at Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Visakhapatnam. He has over 25+ years of extensive experience in offering specialized Surgical Oncology to the Head & Neck, Breast & Gynaec, and Bones & Soft Tissues. He is a renowned surgical cancer specialist and has performed over 12,000 complex cancer Surgeries so far.
Area(s) of Interest
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gynaec Cancer
- Soft Tissue & Bone Cancer
- Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgeries
- Breast Cancer Surgeries
- Gynaec Cancer Surgeries
- Soft tissue & Bone Cancer Surgeries
- Gastrointestinal & Genitourinary Oncology Surgeries
Treatments/ Procedures offered
The Number of cases of surgical oncology Performed by Dr. Murali Krishna Voonna in the past 25 years
Education & Training
Name of Institute(s)
- M.Ch in Surgical Oncology, from Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai
- MS in General Surgery, from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- MBA in Hospital Administration from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- He was awarded Oration by “The Nuclear Physicians of India” for his extensive research and contribution to the field of Nuclear Medicine.
- Recognized as “Legend of the year in Surgical Oncology” by Times HealthCare Achievers 2018
- Recognized as “Legend of the year in Surgical Oncology” by Times HealthCare Achievers 2019
- DNB Teacher Award
Professional Achievements & Membership
- Chief Promoter of Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Visakhapatnam.
- Established MGCHRI as a Comprehensive State-of-the-Art Cancer Treatment Centre and Research Institute offering a Continuum of Diagnostic, Treatment, and Support Services designated to the needs of Cancer Patients.
- MBBS From Andhra Medical College with 3 Gold Medals in Biochemistry, Pathology General Surgery.
- Current Vice-Chairman of Confederation of Industry (CII), Andhra Pradesh.
- Chairman of ASHA, till 2018. (Andhra Pradesh Super Specialty Hospitals Association).
- Chairman of AHPI(Association of Healthcare providers of India).
- Member of various committees for the state of Andhra Pradesh’s healthcare, and Reviewer of “National Health Policy”.
Breakthrough Cases & Testimonial
- Craniofacial Resections
- Limb salvage Surgeries