Dr. K. Venkata Durga Praveen is an Interventional Pain Physician, currently, he is heading the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. He is the Course Director for PDCC at the Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Visakhapatnam with over 15 years of extensive experience in offering Anesthesia & Pain Management Care. He has successfully handled numerous complex cases in his career so far. He has done 2000 plus pain interventions and 1000 Regenerative injections. As an Anesthesiologist, his area of expertise includes Interventional Pain Management and Onco-Anesthesia.
- He worked as Liver Transplant & Robotic Cardiac Anesthesialogist in 2008 at Chettinad Hospital, Chennai.
- He worked as Clinical lead of Perioperative Care & Acute Pain Services from 2009 to 2011 at Indus Hospital, Visakhapatnam.
Area(s) of Interest
- Pain Management in Non-Cancer and Cancer Pain
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Regeneration Neuromodulation
Treatment(s)/ Procedure(s) Performed
- Chronic Pain Interventions
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Regenerative Injections
- Neuro Modulation
- Neurolytic Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Intercostal Tube Insertion
- Chemoport Insertions
- Advanced Vascular Access Insertions ( PICC Line/ HICKMan Line)
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Regional Nerve Blocks
- Difficult Airway Management
Treatment(s)/ Procedure(s) Offered
Anaesthesiologist & Interventional Pain
The Number of Cases of Anaesthesia & Interventional Pain Performed by Dr. K V D Praveen Total Number of Cases Anesthetized – 40,025
- Total Number of Cases Anesthetized – 40,025
- Total Number of Chronic Pain Intervents – 2000+
- Total Number of Regenerative Procedures – 1000+
- Total Number of Chemoports – 327
- Total Number of Bronchoscopic Intubations – 415
- Total Number of Percutaneous Tracheostomies – 227
Education & Training
Name of Institute(s)
- MD from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- MBBS from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam.
Fellowships in Pain Management from Abroad and India – FIPM, FPM, FCPPM
- Gold Medalist in MBBS
- Medal of First Order for Academic Excellence by The PRESIDENT OF INDIA
- Has got Five Publications and Fifty Presentations in his name.
- Superior Hypograstic Plexus Block for Malignancy Related Pelvic Pain – Retrospective Study in Tertiary Cancer Hospital. [ISSN: 2319-7064. SJIF (2022): 7.942]
- Bilateral Splanchnic Nerve Radiofrequency Ablation in Patients with Upper Abdominal Visceral Malignancy – Neuro Quantalogy, June 2022, Vol – 20, Issue 6
- Management of Meralgia Paresthetica with Pulsed Radio Frequency Ablation of the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve and Dorsal Root Ganglion at L2 & L3 Level. [ISSN: 2319-7064, SJIF(2022): 7.942]
Professional Achievements & Membership
- Member of IASP
- Member of ESRA
- Member of IAPC
- Member of ISA
- Member of ISCCM