Qualification: – MS/DNB General Surgery
Experience: – 0-2 Years experience.
Areas of Expertise:
- Commitment to all aspects of the elective and emergency services
- Studies the medical history of a patient. Ensure that the patient don’t have allergies with the drugs that is to be administered. After assessing the condition of a patient, would have to decide the procedure to be done.
- Should make sure that all the surgical instruments that will be used for the procedure is prepared before they start the surgery.
- Inform their client and the family about the procedure to be done, the benefits and the risks that the client has to face.
- Make a case history and follow-up the condition of the patient after the surgery.
- Make important decisions during surgery depending on the condition of the patient.
- Perform a variety of procedures except those that are complicated like operations of the heart and the brain. They must have excellent motor skills since they will be using surgical instruments.
- Learn the medical history of the patient; make sure if he has certain allergies, and foresee the results expected after the operation.
- Depending upon the study of the physical condition of a patient, he has to decide which procedure should be followed to operate.
- Before starting with the surgery, he should make sure that the operation theater is well-equipped with surgical instruments required.
- Should provide all the information and risks associated with the operation to the patient.
- He should manage, plan, and schedule the same after studying the physical condition of the patient.
- After completion of the surgery, he should prepare the case history and provide all the necessary after-surgery care to the patient.