‘Gallium 68 PSMA’ and ‘Gallium 68 DOTATOC’ PET/CT Examinations
We at Mahatma Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Institute are happy to bring the following state-of-the-art molecules for PET SCAN imaging for the first time in the state of Andhra Pradesh
1) Gallium 68 PSMA (68Ga-PSMA):
- PSMA stands for Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen
- In PSMA scan we use a peptide molecule that bonds to PSMA receptor and Tag it to a radio-active Gallium 68 atom.
- It is a very sensitive and specific molecule that is useful for Prostatic adenocarcinoma
- PSMA PET scan can be useful for
- Recurrence assessment,
- Localization of tumors,
- Radiation planning and
- Response assessment of Prostate cancer.
2) Gallium 68 DOTATOC(68Ga-DOTATOC):
- DOTATOC stands for DOTA- a Chelator and Tyrosine Octreotide which is a peptide molecule.
- DOTATOC bonds to somatostatin receptors in the body and on tumors. DOTATOC is tagged to radioactive Gallium-68 atom.
- It is very sensitive and highly specific for neuroendocrine tumors like Carcinoids
- Useful for Staging, Recurrence assessment, localization of tumors, Radiation planning and Response assessment of neuroendocrine origin including
- Carcinoid tumors,
- Medullary Carcinoma Thyroid,
- Pheochromocytoma, Paraganglioma,
- Glomus tumors
- Insulinomas (Gallium68 Exendin)
- Identification of Tumor induced osteomalacia (FGF 23 secreting tumors)